The Upside: TIFF Review

I really never thought I'd say this but Kevin Hart is the best thing in this movie, I was dumbfounded by how good his performance was. The Upside is every bit as cliched, manipulative, and contrived as you would expect it to be and it also doesn't help that the film is grotesquely shot. However, the film is breezy and harmless enough that it at the very least granted me with a laid back lightly chuckling 2 hours. Cranston, Kidman, and Farahani are all pretty good but like I said before, Hart is the absolute standout and I'm not even really a supporter of his. I'm not really a fan of this particular brand of filmmaking but this will definitely hit the spot for many sappy film lovers. The entirety of Roy Thomson Hall was exploding with laughter from beginning to end, so I'm almost positive that this will be a massive hit with general audiences enough for it to become some sort of Oscar darling.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It Comes At Night: Review

The Little Hours: Review

The Third Murder: TIFF Review